Eleven months after stepping down as CEO of the Canadian marijuana giant he co-founded, former Aurora Cannabis chief executive Terry Booth said he plans to return to the marijuana industry to head up a U.S.-based cannabis investment firm that is an Aurora spinoff. Booth’s widely publicized exit from Aurora – and now his new job heading up Australis Capital – is similar to the high-profile departure from the cannabis industry and the eventual return of former Canopy Growth CEO and co-founder Bruce Linton. Australis Capital plans to install Booth as its CEO after a long and bruising battle with the Las Vegas company’s former executives ended in their departure late last year. Australis also announced on Tuesday a nonbinding deal to acquire 51% of ALPS, formerly Aurora Larssen Projects, a global player in the design and construction of cultivation facilities, according to a news release. Australis also has an option to purchase the remaining 49%.

Sean Hocking, Cannabis Law Report, 01/05/2021 20:46:00

Open article: https://cannabislaw.report/aurora-cannabis-co-founder-terry-booth-heading-off-to-be-ceo-of-us-based-australis/