High Tide Inc. (“High Tide” or the “Company”) (TSXV: HITI) (Nasdaq: HITI) (FRA: 2LYA), a leading retail-focused cannabis company with bricks-and-mortar as well as global e-commerce assets, is pleased to announce that it is taking another step towards solidifying itself as a major player within the global marketplace for hemp-derived CBD products, by entering into a definitive agreement (the “Acquisition Agreement”) pursuant to which High Tide will acquire 80% of NuLeaf Naturals, LLC (“NuLeaf”), for US$31.24 Million (the “Transaction”), and will have a three-year option to acquire the remaining 20% of NuLeaf at any time. Founded in 2014 with its headquarters in Denver, Colorado, NuLeaf is a market leader in the production and distribution of premium cannabidiol (CBD) wellness products. It has received over 25,000 verified 5 star customer reviews through its e-commerce platform. NuLeaf can produce 60,000 plant-based softgels per hour and is one of only a few manufacturers in the United States that can produce a vegan softgel. With a heightened consumer interest in health focused and sustainable products, plant-based offerings are primed for growth. NuLeaf has a strong distribution reach in the natural products channel and recently secured an expansion with Sprouts Farmers Market from 33 retail locations to an additional 235 stores. It has quickly grown to become one of the most popular brands for hemp-derived CBD products across the U.S., with their product portfolio including cannabinoid tinctures, softgels, and topicals. Over the 12 months ended September 30, 2021, NuLeaf had over 5.1 million site visits³ and an average order value of US$120. Since its inception, NuLeaf has served approximately 330,000 unique customers through its e-commerce platform, and hundreds of thousands more through their other distribution channels.
Published Ncv Newswire, New Cannabis Ventures, 11/22/2021 06:44:00